2003-08-16

2003-08-16

Spent the day down the garage, and Gaz appeared early on in his manta coupe :).

I've finally managed to finish part of the shell! Woohoo! Check out the ball bearings on this guy! Note the large amount of space for the exhaust primaries so they fit next to the gearbox. πŸ™‚ I've also rebuilt the seams behind the front passenger wheel, so there shouldn't be too much of a rust issue there anymore.

mmm….. primer!

I also did the obligatory 400 front end fitting.

This is the ride height with the v6 in the car, on std springs. Not bad, looks higher than with the CIH in there!

Also built a gearbox mount, the exhaust has to go over this, but now there's plenty of space πŸ˜€

Well, I'm now starting to feel happier that I've actually finished something! There's still so much to do though. Gaz very kindly started de-undersealing the drivers wheelarch.

Next time, I need to seam the tunnel, and finish off the drivers side welding. Then it's chassis leg rebuild time. I reckon I could do it in a day, if I've got the plasma cutter, and enough box section. Worth a try, lol.

Leave a Reply