|Some more work on the front. The radiator is now mounted at the top, and I've started on the antiroll bar mounts. I spent a lot of time aligning and checking the frame as it is so far.
I've been looking at different rollcages, as the 6 point one I've got is ok, but doesn't get close enough to the bottom of the windscreen for me to be able to link it to the A Pillar. The spaceframe is transfering more force directly from the suspension mounting points, so I need to ensure that that force gets transfered into the cage/shell, rather than just bending the A pillars!
The best cage I've found so far cost/feature/link wise is a custom cages multilink cage, purchasable from demon tweeks (£415+VAT). The only downside is that it's a weld in cage, which means the roof has to come off to finish the welds on the top of the cage immediately under the roof skin. Arse. I have the feeling that it'll be one of those things that is a real arse to do, but well worth it once the car is driven.
Looking at the car last night, I reckon it'll be much easier to mount the shocks outboard initially, as the rocker arm arrangement will take a long time to sort out, and it's going to be long enough already before I get to drive this thing!
Tonight I'll hopefully finish the antiroll bar mounting, and I'll try and build some anti twist into the front. I'm also looking at moving the front towing eye forward, as it's currently at the front of the subframe, so 3 feet behind the front of the car. Not the best place!