|ot loads done on the manta at the weekend. It's got 95% of the structure at the back now, and all I've got to do now is mount the dry sump tank, remake the swirl pot, a few plumbing bits, and it's time to make the front. I'm gutted that I forgot my camera and phone yesterday, as it looks great! the wheels are bolted on, the rad's bolted on, the axle fitted, it's all there! I think I'll be popping up during the week to do some more and take some photos!
I had to remake the back axle as it was too narrow (by 3" for the driveshafts to fit into, I think i've just figured out why that is. I used 7" diff shafts on a 7.5" diff fitted with 7" diff flanges. There is a big size difference between the 7.5" and 7" diffs, which means I've accidentally widened the track! 🙂
Todo list for the back end
Woblink+links and brackets
there's a couple of days work there. What I'll probably do is do the woblink and coilover mounts, and then start on the front. the other jobs will be light relief for when the front's pissing me off.
Front end priority list
move dashbar up for engine clearance.
That's the overall master list at the moment. should keep me busy for about a year or so!