I keep meaning to upgrade the spindle motor on the Orac. It is a face mount effort, so I keep meaning to find out the PCD of the motor mount to find a direct (or as near as I can get) replacement. The standard motor is only 0.37kW which is a bit weak for the machine. It could do with some more torque.
So the face mounting options available are:
- 71 frame is 4 holes M6 on a 85mm PCD
- 80 frame is 4 holes M6 on a 100mm PCD
- 90 frame is 4 holes M8 on a 115mm PCD
- 100 frame is 4 holes M8 on a 130mm PCD
- 112 frame is 4 holes M8 on a 130mm PCD
…and I’ll probably need a new pulley for it (unless it happens to have the same size). Machine mart do a fairly decent range of pulleys:
The original Orac motor is a 71 frame motor.