Skip to content


2011-10-16 - 2011-10-16 Moving along with the rebuild

I started painting the engine bay, but I mucked up the paint mix so it's a miracle it didn't go completely wrong. All I need to do is another mix and another load of paint and give the bay one more coat, then all should be fine!

I also started work on the new dry sump setup, which hopefully will be leak-free! The old sump pan always leaked a bit. Well, weeped really, but it's still annoying! I milled out the main scavenge channel, which took a while to do manually! Oh how I wish for a CNC mill! But the result is pretty good. All I have to do now is machine off some excess from the bottom (under the channel) and the holes needed for the scavenge pipes.